Free open-source disk encryption software for Windows Vista/XP, Mac OS X,
and Linux Main Features:
* Creates a virtual encrypted disk within a file and mounts it as
a real disk.
* Encrypts an entire partition or storage device such as USB flash drive
or hard drive.
* Encrypts a partition or drive where Windows is installed (pre-boot
* Encryption is automatic, real-time (on-the-fly) and transparent.
* Parallelization and pipelining allow data to be read and written as
fast as if the drive was not encrypted.
* Provides plausible deniability, in case an adversary forces you to
reveal the password:
Hidden volume (steganography) and hidden operating system.
* Encryption algorithms: AES-256, Serpent, and Twofish. Mode of
Further information regarding features of the software may be found in
Since version 6.1a of TrueCrypt, a number of header files from RSA
Laboratories are required during the compilation. I've separated the
installation of these into a separate package called cryptoki rather
than have this script extract a separate, isolated archive.
Thus, to build this version of TrueCrypt, you also need cryptoki,
and to run Truecrypt you need wxGTK. Both are available at
This script does not create the static GUI build seen elsewhere (see
above for required runtime dependency of wxGTK or similar).
Maintained by: Pierre Cazenave
Approved by: Erik Hanson
(the SlackBuild does not include the source)