Ecasound is a software package designed for multitrack audio
processing. It can be used for simple tasks like audio playback, recording
and format conversions, as well as for multitrack effect processing,
mixing, recording and signal recycling. Ecasound supports a wide range of
audio inputs, outputs and effect algorithms. Effects and audio objects
can be combined in various ways, and their parameters can be controlled
by operator objects like oscillators and MIDI-CCs. A versatile console
mode user-interface is included in the package.
Optional compile-time dependencies (auto-detected at build time):
- jack-audio-connection-kit (for realtime audio capture/playback)
- liblo (for OSC [Open Sound Control] support)
Optional runtime dependencies:
- lame - required for mp3 output.
- TiMidity++ - required for MIDI .mid file input.
- libmikmod - required for tracker file support (such as .mod files).
- set_rlimits - used to run ecasound with realtime priority (but see the
jack-audio-connection-kit README for an alternative)
Note: If you have cmt installed and you experience glibc double-free
errors when ecasound exits, upgrade your cmt package to 1.16-2_SBo or
higher. This is NOT a bug in ecasound.
Maintained by: B. Watson
Approved by: dsomero
(the SlackBuild does not include the source)