C-Kermit is a combined network and serial communication software
package offering a consistent, transport-independent, cross-platform
approach to connection establishment, terminal sessions, file
transfer, file management, character-set translation, numeric and
alphanumeric paging, and automation of file transfer and management,
dialogs, and communication tasks through its built-in scripting
* The fastest and most advanced implementation of the Kermit file
transfer protocol available anywhere.
* A powerful, portable, easy-to-use script programming language to
automate all your routine communications tasks.
* Consistent operation over serial connections (direct or dialed)
and network connections ¿ on a huge selection of hardware and
* Secure authentication and strong encryption.
* Built-in scriptable FTP and HTTP clients plus an SSH interface
* Configurability as an SSH Subsystem
* Character-set translation in both file transfer and online sessions,
for Western- and Eastern-European languages, Cyrillic, Greek, Hebrew,
and Japanese, now including Unicode.
* Ability to send numeric and alphanumeric pages.
This SlackBuild installs a default initialization file in the documentation
directory. However, an initialization file is rarely required with ckermit.
Maintained by: Andrew Rowland
Approved by: rworkman
Keywords: ftp,kermit,file transfer
(the SlackBuild does not include the source)