GNS3 is a graphical network simulator that allows simulation of complex
networks. To allow complete simulations, GNS3 is strongly linked with:
* Dynamips, the core program that allows Cisco IOS emulation.
* Dynagen, a text-based front-end for Dynamips.
* Pemu, a Cisco PIX firewall emulator based on Qemu.
GNS3 is an excellent complementary tool to real labs for Cisco network
engineers, administrators and people wanting to pass certifications such
as CCNA, CCNP, CCIP or CCIE. It can also be used to experiment features
of Cisco IOS or to check configurations that need to be deployed later on
* Design of high quality and complex network topologies.
* Emulation of many Cisco router platforms and PIX firewalls.
* Simulation of simple Ethernet, ATM and Frame Relay switches.
* Connection of the simulated network to the real world!
* Packet capture using Wireshark.
Important notice: users have to provide their own Cisco IOS to use with GNS3.
Maintained by: Alam Guntur Nugroho
(the SlackBuild does not include the source)