The Allegro library provides C/C++ programmers low level routines commonly
needed in game programming, such as input, graphics, midi, sound effects, and
timing. It is cross platform and works with many different compilers.
Originally developed by Shawn Hargreaves, it is now a group project with
contributions from all over the world! Some of its key features include:
* Ease of Use - comes with comprehensive documentation and examples
* Extensibility - if the built-in functionality isn't enough, there
are many add-ons available
* Cross Platform - without changing a single line of code, you can
create versions for Windows, OS X, Linux, DOS, and others! Works
with many compilers, including DJGPP and VC++
* Open Source - anyone can contribute, including you!
* Free - it won't cost you a dime, and there are no restrictions on
Maintained by: Ryan P.C. McQuen
Keywords: games,game programing,input,graphics,midi,sound effects
(the SlackBuild does not include the source)