DeaDBeeF (as in 0xDEADBEEF) is an audio player for GNU/Linux systems with X11
(though now it also runs in plain console without X, in FreeBSD, and
* mp3, ogg vorbis, flac, ape, wv, wav, m4a, mpc, cd audio (and many more).
* sid, nsf and lots of other popular chiptune formats.
* ID3v1, ID3v2.2, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, APEv2, xing/info tags support.
* character set detection for non-unicode id3 tags - supports cp1251
* unicode tags are fully supported as well (both utf8 and ucs2).
* cuesheet (.cue files) support, with charset detection
* tracker modules like mod, s3m, it, xm, etc.
* HVSC song length database support for sid.
* gtk2 interface with efficient custom widgets.
* no GNOME or KDE dependencies.
* minimize to tray, with scrollwheel volume control.
* drag and drop, both inside of playlist, and from filemanagers and such.
* control playback from command line.
* global hotkeys.
* plugin support; bundled with lots of plugins, such as global hotkeys
and last.fm scrobbler; sdk is included.
* duration calculation is as precise as possible for vbr mp3 files (with
and without xing/info tags).
* was tested and works on x86, x86_64 and ppc64 architectures. should work
on most modern platforms.
Maintained by: AlexGAV
Approved by: dsomero
(the SlackBuild does not include the source)