Gaupol is an editor for text-based subtitle files. It supports multiple
subtitle file formats and provides means of correcting texts and timing
subtitles to match video. The user interface is designed with attention
to batch processing of multiple documents and convenience of translating.
Gaupol should run on all Unix-like (GNU/Linux, *BSD, etc.) operating systems
and on Windows. Technically, it should run on Mac as well, but that has not
been tested nor made convenient. Gaupol's user interface is based on the
GTK+ toolkit and has been designed to best fit the GNOME desktop environment.
- Gaupol requires Python 2.5.1 or greater and PyGTK 2.12 or greater.
Other dependencies (not required)
- PyEnchant 1.1.3 or greater is required for spell-checking.
Additionally, spell-checking requires a dictionary, any of Aspell/Pspell,
Ispell, MySpell, Uspell, Hspell or AppleSpell.
- iso-codes, if available, will be used to translate script, language and
- Universal Encoding Detector is required for character encoding
- MPlayer or VLC is recommended for preview.
Maintained by: Andre Barboza
Approved by: Erik Hanson
(the SlackBuild does not include the source)